Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sinker Log Panel Milling (continued)

After futzing with the irrigation water, I headed down for more work on my sinker log panel project.

First order of business was actually to take a nap, but then I set up the mill to cut the slabs into consistent 12 inch width boards. This was necessary because the maximum width that the mill could cut was not much more than this. Here's a shot of the setup I used to accomplish this.


And here's a shot showing some of the boards ready for the next step.



And here's the final product, stacked and stickered.


My rough estimate is that I have about 200 square feet of paneling, and I think I'll need about 250 for the ceiling and gable ends, so just a couple more and I should be able to actually start nailing them up.



No comments:

Post a Comment